More Tips And Tricks To Apply Eyeliner
- While applying, make sure you have a place to rest your elbow. This makes it easier to apply and provides you with a steady hand, which will give you a clean and precise finish. If you have a vanity or a table, it’s best to do your makeup on that.
- Use a cosmetic mirror. Trust me, this helps a lot! Usually, they come double sided, where one side is a normal mirror and the other side is magnified. I find that the magnified one helps you achieve a cleaner finish as you can get a closer look.
- Always look down while applying your liner. Looking up can make you get the shape wrong.
- Do NOT stretch your eyelid while creating the wing. This will mess up the wing. Apply in small strokes without moving the skin too much.
- If you still find it difficult to create the extension for the wing in a straight line, you can use a credit card and create a line by holding it against your lower lash line to where your wing should be.
- You can also use tape to create the wing.
You probably came in here all intimidated. I can completely relate to that. It took me a while to get it right; do know that it requires some practice. You can’t sprout wings in a day (pun intended)! Do let us know how it turns out by commenting in the box below.
Expert’s Answers for Readers’ Questions
What color eyeliner should you use for green eyes?
Red is a complementary color for green, so choose shades that have red undertones, such as purple (lavender or violet) and bronze. Try MAC Technakohl Eyeliner Kajal in Image Concious.
Can you use eyeliner as lipstick?
Yes, you can. You can use eyeliner pencils as lip colors/lip pencils. For eg., Chromographic Pencils from MAC is a two-in-one pencil.
What color eyeliner would you recommend for blue eyes?
The colors that complement blue eyes would be different shades of purple, brown, gray, and silver. Avoid wearing blue and black liners. Try NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Smokey Grey.
What color eyeliner would you suggest for hazel eyes?
Go for rich, autumnal colors like golds, browns, and greens as these colors would enhance the color of your eyes. Any of these colors would look great on its own or with a trace of black eyeliner and mascara. Try Revlon Color One-Stroke Defining Eyeliner in the shade Glazed Green.
What color eyeliner would you recommend for brown eyes?
Brown is the most common eye color and is very easy to work with when it comes to makeup. Use shades of blue/purples and metallic tones of golds, browns, and bronze as these will make the eyes stand out more. Try Maybelline Vivid And Smooth Eye Liner Pencil in shade 6.
Can you use lip liner as eyeliner?
Yes, you can. You can buy pencils that can be worn both as an eyeliner and a lip color/lip pencil. For eg., Chromographic Pencil from MAC is a two-in-one pencil.