Afraid That Your Eye Makeup Will Crease?
- Invest in a good base or primer as it will instantly boost your eye makeup and make the eyeshadow stay put for a long time.
- Make sure to set the eyeshadow with a powder base if you have used a cream-based eyeshadow.
- Use a gel or waterproof eyeliner to prevent the product from any transferring.
Here are a few more tips that you can follow to ace your eye makeup!
Some Quick Tips to Apply Eyeshadow Perfectly
- It’s always good to finish your eye makeup first and then move on to your base makeup. That way, if there is any eyeshadow fallout under or around your eyes, you can quickly clean it up without spoiling your base makeup.
- To define the crease area, use a pencil brush and blend it with a fluffy brush.
- Eyeshadows are available in cream, powder, and pressed forms. Choose a formula that works best for you. Cream eyeshadows can be used as a base for powder eyeshadows.
- In case you have hooded or deep-set eyes, try applying the eye makeup with your eyes open instead of closed so that the crease color is actually visible.
- If you have trouble drawing the ‘V’ on the outer corner of your eyes, draw a ‘#’ with an eye pencil instead and blend it immediately to avoid stark edges.
- To avoid eyeshadow fall out, powder the area under your eyes with a transparent or translucent powder before beginning the eye makeup. Once you are done, simply sweep off the powder.
- You can also wait to conceal your under eyes till after doing your eye makeup.
- Make sure to use clean brushes as they will give you the best transition.
Now that you know how to nail eyeshadow application, here are a few looks you can try out!
5 Eyeshadow Looks You Need To Try
1. Metallic Blue
This metallic blue eyeshadow is perfect for evening or night events. Don’t be afraid to pick a bold color for your lids when you need to add a bit of oomph to your look.
2. Rose Gold
This subtle eyeshadow look uses gold shimmer and rose gold to give your eyes a truly magical effect.
This wine eyeshadow look is all kinds of perfect!
4. Smokey Eyes
This simple smokey eye look is ideal for any season or occasion. It is classy, chic and elegant – all in one.
This stunning eyeshadow look uses the shades ‘Deep Space’ and ‘Interstellar’ from the Dark Star Eye Palette. If you want to go bold, this is unquestionably the way to go!
Perfecting your eyeshadow application takes a little time and patience, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes very easy. I can’t believe there was a time when I was intimidated by eyeshadow. Now, I look forward to the days when I am heading out for an event or a party, so I can go all out with my eye makeup. If you have any more questions about eye makeup, post them in the comments section below, and we’ll get back to you.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
What color eyeshadow should be used for blue eyes?
It is better to use soft, neutral tones like coral and champagne for blue eyes. Avoid anything too dark, like a black smokey eye.
What color eyeshadow should be used for brown eyes?
Neutral shades like copper and bronze accentuate the brown color in your eyes. Try adding a bit of a dark shade in the crease to deepen the look and add intensity.
What color eyeshadow should be used for hazel eyes?
Opt for metallics, pastels, and dusty pinks.
What are the best eyeshadows for mature eyes?
When dealing with mature eyes, it is best to use shades that make your eyes look brighter. Using too many dark colors will make you look tired. Opt for light shimmer shades.