Step 3: Time To Conceal
A concealer is typically used to cover up those bothersome spots, blemishes and dark circles. Use a concealer in a shade slightly lighter than your skin tone to brighten and even out any areas that need work.
- With a concealer brush, apply the concealer under your eyes in an upside-down triangular shape and blend well.
- Dab some product on spots and other imperfections and blend the edges well, so it seamlessly blends into your foundation.
Choose a liquid concealer for light coverage and a wide area of your face – as for your under-eye area. Choose a compact or stick concealer for a better coverage and small areas.
Step 4: Setting Your Foundation
This step is totally optional but if you are someone with oily skin then make sure to use a compact or setting powder in a color matching your skin tone. You can use a sponge or a buffing brush to apply the product evenly on your face and neck. A compact is easy to tuck into your purse and you can touch-up to keep your face looking shine-free.
Part II: Time To Enhance Your Features
Once you have your base ready, it’s time to define and enhance your beautiful features!
Enhancing Your Eyes
Make sure to purchase a high-quality eyeliner and mascara, so it won’t smudge or smear.
- Using an eyeliner, line your upper waterline and the outer corners of your lower lashline. Use a brush to smudge the product to avoid harsh lines.
- Use an eyelash curler to curl your lashes.
- Apply a coat of mascara to instantly open up your eyes and make you look more awake and bright.
- You can add a hint of a neutral shade of eyeshadow to your eyelids for a complete look.
Getting Those Brows-On-Fleek
Defining your eyebrows instantly adds structure to your face. If you have naturally dark, well-defined eyebrows then congratulations, you may skip this step. But if you have sparse or over-plucked eyebrows, then you can use an eyebrow pencil or brow pomade to fill them in.
- Choose a pencil or product that very closely matches your eyebrows.
- Use short strokes to create small “hairs” in the gaps.
- Use a makeup brush to blend and brush out the product evenly into your eyebrows for a natural look.
- Once you fill them in, you can use an eyebrow gel to set them in place.
There are various amazing products available in the market, specifically for your brows like eyebrow kits and duo-shapers. For special dos, add a highlighter under the brows to make them stand out!
Blush adds a cheeky glow to your skin and makes it look fresh and healthy. Use a blush brush to apply the blush to the apples of your cheek. Refrain from mixing textures – if you are using a powder, stick to a powder blush and if you are going sans powder, stick to a cream blush.
You can add a touch of highlighter or