Whether you’ve been a dedicated makeup enthusiast or you are someone who’s just starting out with makeup, when it comes to the eyes, makeup can be a little tricky. There’s no harm in having a few tricks up your sleeve so you can work that magic and achieve eye makeup that is so on-point. We’ve put together a list of 25 simple eye makeup tips for all the beginners out there who have been overwhelmed by all that they come across in the world of makeup.
Worry not, we’ve got your back! Just keep these simple tips on top of your mind when you’re doing your eyes, and you will go straight from being a novice to a Pro.
Simple Eye Makeup Tips For Beginners
- Eyeliner Tips
- Mascara Tips
- Eyeshadow Tips
- Eyebrow Tips
Eyeliner may or may not be a staple for you, but it is one of the most basic steps of doing your eye makeup. It gives you the freedom to work on the shape of your eyes, emphasize them and fill in any sparse looking lashes. It depends on the texture of the eyeliner and your preference as to how you’d like to apply this – clearly defined or smudged – it looks great either ways.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the tips and techniques for this step.
- Ensure your eyelids are clean and then apply a primer on them, so the eye makeup does not smudge and stays on for longer.
- To make your eyelashes look denser, apply the eyeliner as close to the lashline as possible so it appears to be a part of your natural lash line. This is called tight-lining. Make a dotted line from the outer to the inwards corner and connect the dots (you can use a stiff slant brush to blend the dots out into an effortless soft line).
- Make sure the tip of your liner is thin but blunt to achieve precision and so you get the perfect shape. You can also freeze your eyeliner before sharpening to keep it from crumbling.
- To accomplish the perfect winged eyeliner, use a liquid liner – start on the lash line at the pupil and work your way towards the corners. If your hand is not steady enough for liquid liner then first line your eyes with a pencil liner, then trace over it with your liquid liner.
(If you’re in a rush, you should just skip the liquid liner in your best interest!)
- To accomplish a smoky eye, opt for a pencil liner as these tend to be softer and creamier. Also, you can smudge it out using a smudging brush for that effortlessly cool smoky eye.
- As you age, opt for more subtle colors like brown for a more elegant look and apply mascara to complement the simple look.
Note: Always tilt your face up and look down as you apply eyeliner. Doing this ensures you achieve symmetry.